Friday, November 21, 2014

A MERMAID’S NAIL POLISH

This nail polish. THIS NAIL POLISH. I think I’m in love! I’ve never seen something so beautiful {other than when I first laid eyes on baby Kabuki}. But for real, I can’t stop obsessing over this polish. Actually, as soon as I get done writing this post, I am driving to Rite Aid and buying FOUR more to have as back-ups. I’ve never been one to purchase back-ups, but I’m seriously considering wearing this nail polish for the rest of my life… well, maybe for the next year. Anyway- the polish is in the shade “Glee”, it’s by the brand Jesse’s Girl and it’s a part of their High-Intensity line. The polishes from this line are just STUNNING; I actually think I’m going to buy a few in different colors as well! The shades are so lovely and the shimmer in this formula is TO DIE FOR. Not to mention, it wears SO well. I’ve experienced no chipping at all! Granted, I have thin acrylic overlays on my nails {which helps so much, I highly suggest doing it if you keep short nails}, but still- not even the edges have chipped!
I first came across this little gem a few weeks ago, while I was browsing the beauty aisles at Rite Aid, and it instantly caught my eye- as if it was just meant to be. I will admit, the $3 price tag made me question the quality… but I am so glad that I chose to ignore it. I typically only use MAC cosmetics, simply because I’ve grown addicted to them and they’ve always worked wonders for me {and because I have a MAC Pro card, which pretty much allows me to purchase MAC items at drugstore prices}. But this experience REALLY has me wanting to try more drugstore stuff!! So please let me know if you have any suggestions in the comments! :)
{UPDATE: So I went to Rite Aid and they only had two bottles of the Glee polish left! Thank god I snatched them up! But then I got two others: Confetti {a beautiful purple with blue-green duochrome sparkle} and Fire Fly {pearl with purple/blue/green iridescent sparkles} HOWEVER, a new mystery has arisen! While I was there, I noticed the Julie G polishes {also produced through Jesse’s Girl} and that there was a shade IDENTICAL to Glee! THE EXACT SAME!! …and I shit you not- it’s called “A Mermaid’s Tale”! O.O I’m so upset that I didn’t see it the first time around! I’m personal friends with Julie, we spent time together while in NYC for Fashion Week 2010, and I would have loved to support her by doing the blog post on HER polish opposed to this one :’( But on the bright side, now I can get lots of back-ups! Yippeeeee!}
Thanks for stopping by! Come back and see me soon if you get lonely.
-Kalel


No comments:

Post a Comment