Friday, November 21, 2014

because who doesn't love a little crazy?



My collection is growing!!!

I absolutely love V.C. Andrews books; they are such a twisted guilty pleasure. I read the famous Dollanganger series (aka, Flowers In The Attic) a few years back and just tore through it!!! There are a total of 5 big books in the series, and I think I read them in a couple weeks. I was ADDICTED. The story is really, really dark and messed up. Am I weird for liking such things? Maybe. But so did millions of other people… so whatever, hahaha. I mean, it's definitely no 50 Shades of Grey, but it's still a really fucked up story. (sidenote- I've never read 5SOG, but since I saw an ad for the movie, I ordered the first book the other day. I fear for my life. I've heard it's complete horseshit, but since I DO tend to like weird stories, I think I will enjoy it. Plus- who doesn't like a little erotica? hahaha). Anyway, if you don't know the basic storyline of Flowers In The Attic, it's about these four kids whose mother locks them in the attic for years. That's all I will tell you. But if you're into weird, twisted stories- you will love this series. And don't just read the first one! Read all five!!!

Since reading the Dollanganger series, I have been getting into the other series, even though V.C. Andrews didn't actually write the other series. She died shortly after the release of the Dollanganger series and hired a ghost writer to continue her legacy. However, I assume that she had left many notes on the concepts for the other series. And they are quite similar to her first. Currently, I am reading My Sweet Audrina, and I am SOOOO into it. I love the writing style and just the weird, WEIRD story. V.C. Andrews actually DID write this book and it is the only title that she released as a single novel, not a series. 

Do you guys know of any other strange, dark books out there? Do I have any fellow odd balls reading this blog? hahaha. Or have you guys read any of the V.C. Andrews series? Which was your favorite??

No comments:

Post a Comment