Friday, November 21, 2014

DIY POTION PENDANTS

There’s nothing more magical than the idea of beautiful bottles filled with bright liquid that hold the power to do mysterious things. When I was a little girl I would always play in the woods and create my own potion concoctions out of smashed berries, twigs, leaves and dirt. I had the wildest imagination and dreamed that my potions could do all different types of things: help me find true love, transport me to a magical wonderland, or maybe even turn my brother into a toad. Of course I never drank my potions, but I’d like to think that they would have worked if I had…
So I thought, why not make some little potions that I can take with me everywhere I go? I spent quite some time planning how I wanted to design these little guys and I’m SO happy with how they turned out. I made a love potion, a poison potion and a potion bottle holding water from the fountain of youth. I’ve always loved the legend of the fountain of youth; what a magical, yet bittersweet story.
One important step in this DIY is using the right kind of glue. I used clear tacky glue that’s primarily made for crafts. It’s very thick and doesn’t move much in the bottle. This way the liquid won’t shift inside the bottle and ruin the top part. One other thing that some people have brought to my attention- you may want to seal the cork with a touch of super glue. I didn’t do this and mine seem to be holding very well, but it’s a safety precaution that you may want to take. Although, if it did come undone, the glue is thick enough to not leak out.
Everything else is pretty much up to you! Have fun with it and make it your own! The possibilities are endless. If you end up creating one, please send a photo to my twitter! :)
Thanks for stopping by! Come back and see me tomorrow if you get lonely.
-Kalel


No comments:

Post a Comment